SPV Accounting has the experience !
Our aim, is to provide personalized business, accounting, taxation service and advice.
We are a family run business with a fantastic team of professional staff.
Please call to arrange an obligation free consultation to see if we are a business that can satisfy your needs.
To help you prepare for your visit to our office we have uploaded checklists that we use to help prepare your financial statements and tax returns.
If you re unable to come to our office, these checklists will help you organise your information to either post or email us.
Click Each One You Need to Download it to your Computer:
Read Our October Newsletter for Full Details
New Staff Member
We are pleased to introduce Tylani Stokes to the team. Tylani will be working in reception on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
She is currently undertaking a Bachelor of Business degree at QUT so please say hello when you come in.
Monique has decided to do more bookkeeping and is currently undertaking a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping. Monique will be at reception on Wednesday and Thursdays and as a backup on the days Tylani is here.
September 2017 BAS
The September 2017 Quarterly Business Activity Statement is now due.
If you prepare these statements yourself you are required to have this lodged and paid by the 27th October 2017.
If you have our office prepare these statements, we have an extension to the 25th of November. If you wish you avail yourself of our services, please have your records to us by Friday October 27 to allow us enough time to complete your BAS by the due date.
September 2017 Super Guarantee
If you have employees and you pay them more than $450 (gross) in a calendar month you are liable to contribute 9.5% into their nominated superannuation fund. This can only be done using superstream. That is, you declare how much super you are liable to pay to a super clearing house. The super clearing house then distributes these funds to the employees nominated super fund.
Please note, this needs to be paid by 27th October. You should allow for at least 7 days for the super clearing house to process this payment, therefore, you should aim to complete the clearing house online paperwork by the 20th October.
If you are not sure on this process please feel free to give us a call.
Individuals - The ATO Hit List!
- Claims for work-related expenses that are unusually high, relative to others across comparable industries and occupations;
- Excessive rental property expenses;
- Non-commercial rental income received for holiday homes;
- Interest deductions claimed for the private proportion of loans;
- People who have registered for GST but are not actively carrying on a business.
The ATO are also concerned about the amount of people who appear to be claiming deductions by default for items such as clothing expenses. In 2014–15, around 6.3 million people made a claim for $150 for work related clothing - the level you can claim without having to fully substantiate your expenses. Those 6.3 million claims amounted to $1.8 billion in deductions.
Small Business - The ATO Hit List!
- Those deliberately hiding income or avoiding their obligations by failing to register, keep records and/or lodge accurately;
- Businesses that report outside of the small business benchmarks for their industry;
- Employers not deducting and/or not sending PAYG withholding amounts from employee wages;
- Employers not meeting their superannuation guarantee obligations;
- Businesses registered for GST but not actively carrying on a business;
- Failure to lodge activity statements;
- Incorrect and under reporting of sales.
If your business is outside of the ATO’s benchmarks, it’s important to be prepared to defend why this is the case. This does not mean that your business is doing anything wrong, but it increases the possibility that the ATO will look more closely at your business and seek an explanation.
For Full Details on the above and more, Read Our October Newsletter